Your training comprises two parts – flight training and ground school.
During your ground school, you’ll learn bits of “book knowledge” you’ll need to be a proficient pilot. You have several options for ground training, but the goal is to successfully complete your aviation written test.
Flight training takes place in the airplane or simulator. You’ll learn the skills and gain experience to safely operate an airplane on your own – and pass your check ride.
- You must be 16 years old to solo.
- You must be 17 years old to earn your Private Pilot Certificate.
- There is no maximum age limit.
- You must be able to read, speak, and understand English.
- You must take a FAA required medical exam.